1. The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has allocated budget towards the cost of Health Sector Development Programme /HSDP/ and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for the construction of Arsi Robe, Grawa and Gida Kiramu District Hospitals contract Identification Number NCB/Gov/OHB/DH01/98 and renovation and expansion of Negelle Borean District Hospital contract ID. No. NCB/Gov/OHB/DH2/98.
2. The Oromia Regional Health Bureau invites sealed bids from eligible bidders to all national contractors of class GC/BC 4 and above for Negele Borena District Hospital and GC/BC 4 and above for Arsi Robe, Grawa & Gida Kiramu District Hospital regularly registered with Ministry of Works and Urban Development and who have renewed their license for the current fiscal year and have VAT registration certificate.
3. Bidding documents and (additional copies) may be purchased from Oromia Regional Health Bureau, Engineering Service Room No. 63-Addis Ababa for a non-refundable fee of Birr 1,100 (One Thousand One Hundred Birr only) or its equivalent in a free-convertible currency commencing from 15 April 2006 to 15 May 2006. Interested bidders may obtain further information at the same address.
4. Bids shall be valid for a period of 120 days after bid opening and must be accompanied by bid security of at least 1% of the project cost (Not more than Birr 100,000) or equivalent in a freely convertible currency in a from of CPO, unconditional insurance bonds, bank guarantee or in cash, and shall be delivered to Oromia Regional Health Bureau in wax-sealed envelope original and copies on or before 15th May 2006 at 2:00 P.M. in the afternoon at which time the bid will be opened in the presence of the bidders who wish to attend.
5. Completion time for the construction work will be 600 calendar days for Negale Borena District Hospitals and 670 calendar days for the rest of the projects.
6. Bidders may obtain further information form Oromia Regional Health Bureau. Engineering service Tel. 011 551 08 80, P.O. Box 24341, Addis Ababa.
7. The Employers reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Oromia Regional Health Bureau
Tel. 011 551 08 80
P.O. Box 24341