1. Ethiopian Telecommunications Corporation (ETC) intended to apply part of its own fund to payments under the contract for the Procurement of Electrical Materials.
2. Ethiopian Telecommunication Corporation (ETC) now invites all interested and eligible bidders by this International Competitive Bid for the procurement of Electric Materials (TF/17/2005). The tender remains floating from July 21, 2005 to August 29, 2005.
3. Bid document can be obtained from ETC’s Head Office, Room No.201 during Office hours upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Birr 100.00 (Birr One Hundred only).
4. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in the amount of Birr 15,000 (Birr Fifteen Thousand only).
4.1 The bid bond shall be furnished in one of the following forms:
b) Certified Cheque/CPO issued by a recognized domestic bank or
c) Bond issued by and/or confirmed through a recognized domestic bank.
4.2 The Bank that issues the bond as per 4.1 (c) here above shall unequivocally guarantee to pay the purchaser (ETC) immediately upon the first written demand of payment. The Purchaser’s written demand of payment shall not be subject to any condition whatsoever.
4.3 The bond issuing bank shall clearly incorporate the content stated under item 4.2 here above on the issued bond.
5. Sealed bond marked as: “Tender for Procurement of Electric Material” and addressed to:
“Ethiopian Telecommunication Corporation
Head Office, Room No. 112
P.O. Box 1047
Will be received at the Head Office, Room No. 112 in Addis Ababa before or on August 29, 2005, until 5:30 P.M. Bids received after the closing time will be automatically rejected.
6. Bids received in time and fulfilling other bid formalities shall be opened in the presence of interested bidders or their representatives at 10:00 A.M. on August 30, 2005, ETC’s Head Office at Addis Ababa, Room No.111.
7. The Corporation reserves the right to reject all or parts of this bid.